17 September 2009

it's too quiet in here/make it all disappear

House of Blues. 16 September

Do you want to know a secret? (Ooh wah ooh) I love the color green. Anyway, I met Sharon at Downtown Disney today for lunch and walking around and yakkety yakking. Melissa actually came with me, which I didn't think she would do. We met in front of the House of Blues and I bought my dad a Blues Brothers T-Shirt from their store since that movie is one of his many obsessions and I couldn't resist. It's pretty bitchin'.

Bitchin' t-shirt

Sharon filled me in on everything that's going on in her life. I'm proud of her for making difficult decisions now for the sake of a happier future. She's strong. It was nice to talk about myself too and what it will be like teaching in France. Sometimes I don't realize how much I keep in my head until it floods out and I can feel it become real with the shape and the sound of the words. We also talked about Melissa's plan to study in Japan starting in January. I really hope it works out for her. That would such an amazing opportunity and I think she needs to get away from here for a while. This is a nowhere place.

Adorable cactus dogs (images from tokidoki)

Bought these little guys for Melissa and I, so we each have one while we're an ocean apart. I'm seriously going to miss my sister ): I hope she can afford to visit me during the holiday break. And my mom, too. I guess we'll see. I haven't even decided if I'm going to come home or not for those two weeks in December. It might not be worth it to spend the money and any home sickness it relieves will probably just end up worse than before. Plus, I hear Alsace is especially beautiful at Christmastime. Again, we'll see.



1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun with you and Melissa last week. It was good to hear about everything going on with both of you.

    You are going to be AWESOME in France!!! And it's going to be such an amazing experience for you...I can't wait to hear all the updates when you get there (I'll miss you terribly though).

    Melissa is in my prayers for good news about Japan...I truly hope that she is able to make it work. Keep me posted on that news.

    Have a wonderful voyage this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete