15 September 2009

I finally made my packing list, but I still haven't even attempted to sort and/or pack things. I think I'll just wait for my mom to get home so she can help me and keep me from freaking out. I got in touch with the girl who was the English assistant last year at my French high school. She answered a lot of my questions and confirmed many of my suspicions. Mulhouse is not the most happening place, it seems, but I am quite good at finding my own fun, particularly because the things I find fun are not necessarily super exciting (taking pictures, reading, watching movies, doing crossword puzzles, etc.) She said if she had it to do over again, she might not have lived in the boarding quarters since the school is a 10-minute ride from the center of the city. But it's SO CHEAP I don't think I can pass it up. I'd rather have money for traveling and endless cups of coffee.
I'm meeting Sharon at Downtown Disney tomorrow for lunch and hanging out. I'm sad that things didn't work out the way she'd hoped, but at least we get a chance to chill one more time before I leave. I sincerely hope she finds her way.
Listening to the new A Fine Frenzy album (Bomb in a Birdcage). It's really excellent. I recommend it! Aside from that I'm pretty much obsessed with the new Broadway cast recording of Hair thanks to my dear cousin (Thanks, Pauly!).
I have Sunshine Cleaning from Netflix to watch. Yesterday I watched The Black Dahlia, which was preeeeetty awful. It sucks that I can't even use the Watch Instantly feature of Netflix while I'm in France. I guess I'll have to find another way!
I guess I'm gonna make something for lunch.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment